This page refers to OOC meets only. While much of the information also applies to LGOC meets, LGOC have their own cost structure, registration forms and do not use electronic timing.
OOC Meet registration form
Welcome to the OOC Orienteering meets
As orienteering is growing in popularity in Ottawa, so too is the registration line-up at meet sites. We hope, with your help, to have you on the course soon after your arrival.
Here is how you can help:
At home before the meet:
- Download the registration form at home, and bring it to the registrar. Please print names clearly. Having the form completed beforehand will save you waiting for a clipboard and pen.
Before approaching the registration table:
- Look at maps and decide on your course
- Note your car license number - we need this as a safety measure
- Complete a registration form - be sure to include any extras you will be needing such as SI rental (electronic punching 'cards'), whistles, compass rental, extra maps and total the amount due.
- If you are running with a friend, choose a team name. The SI system cannot record multiple names.
- Have your money ready. Correct change is always welcome.
Now you are ready to approach the registration table!
- Here you will receive map cases, maps (except at the Tuesday night Summer Solstice meets where maps are handed out only at the start), whistles and compass if needed . Novice runners and all SS runners may receive control cards.
- If you have a control card ensure your name is clearly on it and take it to the starter.
If you are new to orienteering and would like some help understanding the map, let the registrar know and he/she will find a club member to give you some pre-event coaching.
Now the SI part if you are using electronic punching.
- If you own your SI card be sure to have it with you.
- Take your registration form to the SI desk with you
- Collect your rental SI card, fasten it firmly to your finger, and proceed to start
At the start
- If running with electronic timing 'clear' and 'check' your SI card by inserting it into the 2 control boxes labelled as such
- If you are using a control card, ensure your name is clearly on the card
- Tell the starter your course and start when he/she directs you to do so.
Enjoy your run and return, within the given time frame, to the finish whether you successfully complete the course or not. You may want, at this time, to compare notes with others and share your experiences.
Always be sure to return to the finish within the given time - by 2pm for Sunday morning events, within 15 minutes of the time limit of a score-o event such as the Summer Solstice meets.