The Ottawa Orienteering Club is a non-profit organization entirely managed and financed through the volunteer participation of its members. We enjoy the activities of mapping and event organization and the camaraderie involved in running our club. Many of us enjoy travelling together to other parts of the province, country, and internationally to compete in events on different terrain.
Anyone can participate at our local events but members are entitled to a discount on the entry fees and participate in our evening training programs. We invite you to become a member and share in the fun!
For complete membership information and forms click here
Join our team. There are many ways you can help!
- Registration - our registrars help out for one or 2 meets a year. They can still run in the event but with a later start.No experience necessary!
- Collection of controls - If you are an experienced orienteer you might help with picking up controls. Let the meet director know your willingness.
- Giving orientation to newcomers Let the registrar know you are willing and able.
- Timing This takes a bit of instruction but if you let the results guy at the computer know of your interest he can perhaps give you some instruction at a later meet.
- Course Setting This can be very rewarding and will improve your orienteering skill as well. We have certification courses - just email our
to indicate your interest.
- Journalism Write an article for the club web based newsletter on your orienteering experiences. Submit it to
- Mapping - Make orienteering maps and spend many tranquil hours in the woods. We will show you how. Just let us know of your interest
- French translation. We would like to provide more of our club notices and documents in french and reach the french media. For major meets we like to produce the entry form in french as well.
- Publicity - helping to distribute pamphlets, writing articles for media, spreading the word.
We are always welcoming help with the above tasks and will provide any training or coaching needed.
Have you a particular skill set not mentioned above that you feel might be of help? Let us know.
and let her know of your interests. We will get back to you.